Home

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Update On My Garden

So I have been planning to update every one on my garden, but to be honest I am little bit embarrassed about my outcome so far.  I lost almost all the plants I started in my little greenhouse..  With it being my first time starting from seed I knew would probably mess it all up, and yep I did:(  But the good news is I know what I need to change for next year.  I had a feeling all along but just had to wait it out and see if I was correct because we couldn't afford to fix it at the time..  Well I figured out that they didn't receive enough light. Which is easy to fix, and since I have such a small gardening area we figured that we will just buy starts until we are able to have a big garden.  I think it would have actually been a lot cheaper to just buy the starts since I only needed 1-2 of each plant that I planted.  

All that made it was my snow peas ( Since those were planted directly in the ground) a couple tomato plants, 1 lemon cucumber, a couple zucchini and yeah I think thats it:(  

All that to say this is what is in my garden right now:

1 lemon cucumber
2 Zucchini's
1 Million Cherry Tomato ( I think the name is wrong, but its some thing million:) )
5 Snow Peas
3 Bush Beans
24 Strawberry 
1 Crookneck Squash

Our 5 Gallon Bucket Garden:
7 Potatoes
2 Mr. Stripey Tomato Plants
1 Sunburst Squash
6 Garlic
1 Lemon Cucumber
1 Brandy Wine Tomato
1 Sun Gold Tomato
1 Cherry Tomato

I would love to hear from any one else using 5 gallon buckets.  This is our first year to use them, and we are nervous for the outcome!  
I will try to take some pictures and post them soon:)

Build houses and dwell in them; plant gardens and eat their fruit.  Take wives and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons and give your daughters to husbands, so that they may bear sons and daughters—that you may be increased there, and not diminished.  And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray to the LORD for it; for in its peace you will have peace.  For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are in your midst deceive you, nor listen to your dreams which you cause to be dreamed.  For they prophesy falsely to you in My name; I have not sent them, says the LORD.
Jeremiah 29:5-9

1 comment:

  1. I didn't have much success starting from seed either...almost my first time. But we have a local greenhouse that is amazing and I went to the clearance sales there and got plants really inexpensively.

    Another idea: the local high school ag classes (think FFA) have a spring plant sale. I was able to get 6-packs of tomato plants for $2! Quite a bargain and I love that they were grown by the kids. :)

    I hope your garden does well...mine is overrun with weeds at the moment, so I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...